Common Belgium is happy to invite you on the first Common event of 2017. It will be a day of innovation and tradition. First we have innovation: you will see how new technologies, open source tools and Linux are implemented on IBM i and IBM Power. Then we have tradition: is anything more part of our culture and heritage than a visit to a brewery followed by a beer dinner?
The agenda for this event is built around the increasing possibilities of Open Source tools, applications and Linux on IBM i without forgetting the latest IBM i 7.3 announcements.
This New Year reception is wholly free for members and non-members.
Fill in the evaluation form before dinner to receive a prize and qualify to win a free registration to COMMON Europe Congress, 18-21 June, Brussels, Belgium.
* Free CEC registration prize only for COMMON Belgium paid members of 2016 or 2017, by 31st March.
Looking forward to seeing you in great numbers,
COMMON Belgium Board
See speaker details and abstracts in the attached document.
Tuesday 14 March 2017, 13:30 to 20:00 hours
Location – Het Anker (Guido Gezellelaan 49, 2800 Mechelen)
• 13:30 Welcome coffee
• 14.00: Event opening – Philippe Vanden Bussche, President COMMON Belgium
• 14.10: State of the Business – Eddy Nijs, IBM Server Systems Manager Belux
• 14.30: Current status of Open Source and Linux on IBM Power Systems and IBM i
What about the new languages on Power Systems : GIT , Orion, Python,… and to get started with – Franz Bourlet, IBM Belgium
• 15.15: IBM i and i7.3 in 2017: what can you expect? – Fabian Michel, IBM Belgium
• 16.00 Coffee break
• 16.15: COMMON Europe Congress, Brussels, 18-21 June 2017 – Ranga Deshpande, President COMMON Europe
• 16.25: From legacy AS400 applications to renewed IBM i applications with new functions and possibilities: a practical approach with live examples – Koen Decorte, CD Invest and Philippe Vanden Bussche, e5 mode.
Het Anker visit
• 17:15 Guided visit
• 18:15 Beer tasting
• 18:45 Dinner
Venue: Het Anker (Guido Gezellelaan 49, 2800 Mechelen)